Wednesday, August 3, 2011

Saturday, July 23: Iceland enroute to Seattle

No strikes this time so we get to board our Iceland Air flight to Reykjavik, two and a half hours from Glasgow.  We land with a little turbulence as it is cloudy and windy in Iceland, which means we can't see much, plus it is very flat out here where the airport is located, at the far western tip of the island.  By one day or so I've missed seeing my cousin from Massachusetts, who spent a week here exploring much of Iceland.  As we only have an hour, we don't get to leave the airport or security, but there are windows to look outside, and of course a gift shop!  I buy an Iceland magnet, a candleholder and a postcard!  We were here!!

The flight back to Seattle is about 7 hours and the sun is with us the whole way.  I watch an old crazy  Icelandic movie as well as a six part show about two Icelandic guys, semi famous in these parts, who document (in 2009  I think) their venture into creating and opening a hamburger restaurant in Reykjavik, called The Hamburger Factory.  Interesting and somewhat entertaining.  There is no one occupying the window seat next to us, so I am able to curl up and nap a little too.  But there is this a poor baby somewhere behind us who is crying quite frequently, likely because of painful ears, so my earplugs are called for and even they don't quite block it all out.  I'm not too worried about sleeping, though, as we will go to bed soon after arriving home Saturday evening Seattle time.



No comments:

Post a Comment