Friday, July 1, 2011

Another boat trip

Surprisingly, and thankfully, we are adjusting to the time change very well and have not really "suffered" from jet lag! Our days are full so we are sleeping at night end even when I woke up this morning at 4:11 and it was quite light outside, I was able to close my eyes and sleep again until 7! The rain last night was gone and instead we had sun and blue sky. Yay! Anette, David and I caught the bus at 9 for Lillesand, about 5 miles away, where we boarded a small ferry for a three hour cruise through a group of islands dotted with quaint white or red summer cottages. Ahhh - we are on vacation!! Sun, water and relaxation! This area reminded us of the San Juan Islands and is called Blindleia, with the channel protected from the open ocean and rougher waters. With the sun shining, it was a beautiful half day trip and finished in downtown Kristiansand, where the others met us for a Sushi lunch.

No comments:

Post a Comment